Thursday, July 10, 2014

Thursday Update

Just got here to the hospital again and it's good cause mom had an interesting morning.  She has a lot of anxiety about getting the wound redressed and managing pain through that. She was able to take a shower which she said made her feel remarkably better.  But after the shower, the wound care people came in and poked around some more.  She said that she feels a lot of anxiety about them messing around with it so she is concerned about making sure that she takes pain meds at the right time before they come to do so.

But, the good news is that they put her on what is called a wound vac.  It's a magical machine that basically sucks the bad infection out and puts in the antibiotics and she doesn't have to do any more dressing changes (and neither do I!).  They are currently getting her packed up to head home!

Keep your prayers up that mom continues to heal and recover over the weekend.  She has a dear friend coming to visit and she is really excited about that.  Plus, it'll give me a little bit of a break to spend time with my kiddos.

I want to say again how much I appreciate everyone who has offered to help and has done things to help.  Everything from phone calls and texts (sorry if I don't respond, I do what I can), meals, support and prayers.  It really means a lot to us as a whole family.

More update later!

No comments:

Post a Comment