Hey there everyone,
Sorry for the long delay in posts. I went out of town on Wednesday evening and got home late Sunday evening. A few things have changed that happened while I was away!
First, mom is doing great. She is feeling good and hitting some awesome landmarks - driving on her own, no more pain meds, gaining some weight back, planned a tentative day back to work. I'm so proud of her!
When mom went to the chemo appointment on Thursday, they determined that they didn't want to start quite yet, wanted the surgeons clear that she can start. So she didn't get her treatment on Thursday! Instead she's been resting, eating food and feeling better each day. Mom has an appointment with the surgeon on Tuesday (tomorrow) in which we assume he will give the go ahead to start chemo on Thursday. She will have her big infusion then, and have 5 days to recover before she gets on a plane for California the following Wednesday for a week. I think that will be a good trip for her to rest, recover and recharge.
So I'll let you know what happens tomorrow after her appointment!
Cheers~
Great News!! I saw her yesterday but wasn't able to see if she needed anything. My calendar is pretty open, except a few hours on Tuesday and Saturday. xxoo
ReplyDelete