Good morning readers,
Mom had a good day yesterday which is super positive. She has sort of had to start over a little with her eating and moving, but she's getting there.
Today mom is getting the port put in. She is prepping as I type. They will be putting a small disc under her skin near her collar bone that will take her chemo. There will be a tube that will go under her collar bone into her veins which is how she will get the chemo. This is a pretty minor surgery but a surgery still. She should be in for only about 45 minutes and we should be out of the hospital by noon. I'll let you know when we get home and how it went.
Prayers for mom this morning during surgery and while she recovers from this procedure.
While she is in for the procedure, I will be figuring out her chemo schedule. I have gotten a few questions about helping out during chemo so I'll figure out what the plan is. During the first cycle, her sister will be here with her and I think that will help her figure out if she wants people in to spend time with her during infusion or not and what needs she will have post infusions. Thanks again to everyone that has reached out.
We have tons of food at our house and thank you to everyone for that! And thank you to everyone that will be providing food next week for mom and her sister, so very helpful.
Stay tuned for later!
No comments:
Post a Comment