Sorry everyone for the delay in posts. I've been busy at my first week of work and I happened to be at a trade show with little to no access to update you all. And by the time I got home, I was beat!
Here is the update on mom. She finally got her wound closed on Thursday afternoon. There was a slow progression of closing the wound with the vac but all seems to be good now. She still has some fluid leakage from it, but is feeling fine and doesn't have to tote around the pump anymore. On Friday she walked about 2 miles which is awesome! She slept the rest of the day she said.
Also on Thursday, mom went to see the chemo oncologist and he was going to start her first infusion that same day. Due to the wound still be open that morning, he felt more comfortable waiting another week to let the wound heal more before they started. So they will be starting chemo on this Thursday, August 14th. They will be combining the months worth of infusions into one day so she will be having a four hour infusion, likely followed by days of sickness. Please pray for her as she deals with that blow. The port seems to be healing great, she has that checked tomorrow (Monday) morning.
Mom and Peg came over for dinner this evening and mom is looking really good. Standing more up straight, able to bend over, more color in her skin, moving around well. She even ate a ton of food which is awesome. Her goal this week is to get protein and calories.
I have a major request. I have had a trip planned for some time that I would love to still be able to go on. Due to mom having her infusion only two days before Peg needs to leave, we would love some help taking care of mom for about 24 hours after Peg leaves until I get home. We would need someone to come for part of or the whole time from Saturday evening through Sunday evening. I also need someone to give my aunt a ride to the airport on Saturday afternoon.
Please let me know ASAP if you are able to do either of these things, it would mean the world to us! Thank you!
No comments:
Post a Comment