Monday, August 25, 2014

The Weekend

Mom finished up her first chemo treatment around 2pm or so on Friday afternoon.  While in the treatment, she had a decent sized lunch and said that she felt just fine!  She met a few people around her and that was encouraging to her.  She went home and said she felt just fine.  The rest of us went camping but I checked in on mom several times a day over the weekend and I just kept getting texts back that went like this "feeling fine!", "stay as long as you want, I'm good!", and "I went out to dinner with a friend, feel great".  So when I was leaving Sunday afternoon, I checked in to say we were on our way home and did she want to go out to dinner.  She responded "sick hit".  So we rushed home and she was pretty out of it, tired, nauseated and feeling pretty bad.  I got her a little bit of soup and a nausea med.  She ended up throwing up the soup but she said that it actually made her feel better.  I got her ready for bed and out she went.  

She is still feeling a bit yucky today, hopefully it starts getting better soon.  But crazy how for 48 hours she felt just fine, like pretty much normal, then boom.  So we'll see how long it lasts.  Chemo is a crazy ride!

Keep praying for mom as she tries to get as good as she can before she heads to California on Wednesday morning. 

1 comment:

  1. The first chemo was the toughest for my mom. Now she knows when the sickness will hit and can attack it before it's out of control. I'll be praying for a great trip to California.

    ReplyDelete